6.07.2012

my creative space this week; this time a finished project! :)
my mother in law asked me if i could make her a new handbag for work. she wanted the one i made in sewing class because it easily fits an A4 and it is quite sturdy. but i had a better idea! ever since i saw the tatanne bag on this blog i knew i had to make it one day. now finally i did! it took me a whole day to sew and i made a few errors here and there but i'm quite proud of the end result... :) thanks to a wonderful and well explained pattern, ofcourse! 
the fabrics are all ikea fabrics from the sales corner, the lining (i love the lining!) was actually the most tacky sheet i've ever seen (ruffles and all...), and it comes from the thriftstore. :) the fabrics were actually quite randomly picked, as most of my fabrics are in a big huge box in my old room at my parents place, cause there is no way i can store them in our apartment and this is what i had lying around...  but i think the combination actually works quite well! :)  

check out more creative spaces here.
(i hope my mother in law doesn't read my blog, by the way. i still have to give her the bag!! :))

14 comments:

  1. I. LOVE. THIS. BAG. So much so that even though I don't have time to sew ANYTHING right now, I had to go and find the pattern. I think this could be my new summer go to bag (in another 6 months or so...). Thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beauty! And more often than not, I prefer enforced randomness to my angsted-over choices...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wauw, prachtstuk! Goed gedaan, 't ziet er zo professioneel uit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a beautiful bag. Well done! And I do love the colour combination - the blue is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je tas is geweldig, Severien! Je schoonmoeder zal er blij mee zijn en het veel gebruiken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh heel mooi! En die kleur blauw is prachtig! (en je kleedje trouwens ook). Die tas staat ook al lang op mijn to do list. De patroondelen zijn zelfs al uitgeknipt en geplakt, maar ik ben er nooit aan toegekomen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een mooie tas en zo'n leuke combinaties! Super!!
    Je gaat een gelukkige schoonmama hebben. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that bag is amazing! I can't believe you did it in one day. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my Blog - it made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat is het toch elke keer weer leuk om een Tatanne tegen te komen! Zeker als het zo een mooi exemplaar is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely bag, i'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jouw scoonmoeder boft maar...wat een geweldige ta!
    Heb je blog net ontdekt, leuk hier! Ga je volgen hoor :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh you're so talented! The bag is a perfect size and color for everyday. Your mother in law must have been so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this bag! The shape is really fun and the ties on the side add a little something extra. I wish I could sew. I should probably get into a sewing class...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have trouble parting with that bag. I saw this post when I was on vacation but couldn't post right ( more comment form troubles :)) so I gave up. But I think the comment was something like, "um, WOW!".
    Your photos are so cute too.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)