7.27.2012

when we left on vacation, i packed two projects; one crochet and one knit. i still had to try knitting with four needles in the passenger seat, but if that wasn't possible there always were my hexagons, that can be crocheted anywhere!

i made quite some progress on my hexagon blanket! i already started crocheting them together and i love how it looks. i'm really loving the color combination, this blanket (when finished) will look so good in our living room!! it is looking more like a table runner than like a blanket at the moment, but it will grow and grow... and look gorgeous in the end. :)

unfortunately, the pair of socks i took with me don't show a lot of progress. before we left, i tried the almost-finished sock on (which i didn't before, because i was confident it would fit, as i'm knitting the same number of stitches that i usually knit for socks)... and it turned out too small. so, i decided to rip the whole thing out and start over. since i didn't love the result of the broken rib stitch with the yarn i was using (although it was growing on me), i decided to yet again go for my fool-proof basic sock recipe... a week later i am left with what i started; half a finished sock. but one that fits and that i like way better!

8 comments:

  1. Jammer van de sokken, maar beter een paar gepaste inderdaad ;-)
    En de hexagonen zien er prachtig uit! Dat wordt een topstuk, ik zie het nu al.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dankje! ik vind de wol ook mooier uitkomen op de sokken, dus ik ben stiekem blij dat ze niet pasten ;)

      Delete
  2. Het deken ziet er nu al super uit! Leuke kleuren.
    En wat hou ik van de wol die je gebruikt voor de sokken. Zo'n mooie kleuren en accenten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dankje! ik vind de kleuren van de wol erg mooi maar ik zou het nog liever zien als het niet zo'n regelmatig patroon volgde. maar het is zeker niet mis. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the color combinations of the hexagon blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days I'll start knitting little squares for a blanket and you'll be my inspiration. I love the yarn you're using for your socks. It makes plain socks seem not- so- plain. I'm trying my first pair of toe up socks right now and it seems to be taking forever. But I can tell that I'll love that I made them myself when I am done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dat deken heeft echt heel erg mooie kleuren! En jammer van de sokken, maar passen is toch echt wel cruciaal :).
    Lang sokkengaren, dat ze verkopen in de Anselmostraat, 92 in Antwerpen is zo'n sokkengaren dat geen al te regelmatig patroon volgt. Niet goedkoop natuurlijk, maar wel mooi.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)